Thursday, March 20, 2008

Can someone pay me to ride the subway all day?

I've said it before...I LOVE riding it. Watching everyone, sizing up NYC humanity. And, sure, giving off my OWN "look at fuckin ME!" cockiness. Then there's the ride itself when it's ABOVE ground...incredibly entertaining watching the neighborhoods go by. I also wouldn't mind being paid to, say, take pictures of each and every subway station in the system...in the station AND out...particularly outside when you're in the outer boroughs, as I was today. There's more character. I think I could be a train hobo. Oh, and today was also the first time I waltzed around with my Ipod, feeling ever more Like The Others. Though I must say, that loose right earplug is REALLY fucking vexing me. The strong winds didn't help. It's pretty OK when I'm just sittin stable, but walking can be an issue. So already i'm finding fault with the world's favorite fucking toy. There's something to be said for 20-year-old full-ear covering headphones, the type musicians and DJs still use. I also feel like the whole positioning of many of the buttons isn't practical. You STILL have work to do, Apple Geniuses!

Side note...East Williamsburg is just CRAZY fascinating to walk around, a haven of factories, trucking yards, complete desolation...and then a high-falutin health food store full of tight-jeaned, messy-haired hipsters. I could've done without the 40mph gusts, and it WAS borderline "I maybe shouldn't be here alone on foot" sometimes, but I safely made it home. Come warm weather, i'm there on my bike! Going even FURTHER down industrial wasteland streets until I touch the English Kills! Who wants to join me?! **What the fuck's the English Kills, you ask? Merely the name of a creek...where there's probably many, many bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home