Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Anyone want my college yearbook pic in a wallet-size?

I have 14 of them left...part of the "oddities" in my sock drawer shoebox. No, really, you want one? This motherfucker is goin on my MySpace ASAP...along with one of the proofs from my FIRST Yearbook Pic Attempt. I went for a re-shoot, as I wasn't satisfied with...well, much of anything about the way I looked the first time I sat for the photographer.

I vividly recall how stressed I was about my LEGACY. HAHAHA! Even then, I was thinking ahead 30, 40 years...aware of the passage of time...THIS is how I'll be remembered. I was sweaty and aggravated, never content with my hair or outfit. And the HAIR! It alone could've won a fistfight. And do I smile with teeth, smile without teeth, or look stern and football player-esque? I eventually went with Option C to counter my general jovial rep. In retrospect, I'd have gone with a whole other look...smiling, but in one of those soap opera "I'm up to no good and you better watch your back!" scheming opening credit shot ways. Perhaps a cocked eyebrow.

It IS one of my dreams to be in some kinda opening credits sequence. I don't need to act...I just want various, contrary images of myself flashing melodramatically on screen. I wish we'd had a video yearbook. In my fantasies, I'd come on screen last, like "and Joan Collins as Alexis." I'd be standing on a grand staircase. Smoking a cigarette, a look of smug superiority plastered across my face. The big dramatic finish. They COULD have done that in the yearbook...put it all alphabetically except for me. You turn the last page, and I have a full page. Oh, golly, i'm amusing myself right now. Where was I going with this? Who the fuck knows. Oh, yeah, nowhere. My own amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home