Sunday, July 23, 2006

LIGHTNING kills!!!!!

I love storms more than anyone, but I am neverendingly amazed at the cavalier attitude people have toward lightning. Without giving any sarcastic examples, let me just clearly say...if it's lightning out, GET INSIDE! Do I even need to SAY don't hide under a tree? Now once you run inside, even there you're not safe. You shouldn't be taking a shower, you shouldn't be on the phone, you shouldn't be anywhere near water or handling anything electric. Yes, that's right, just do as I do and cower into a ball on your bedroom floor, praying for the storm to pass. And you shouldn't be near a window...the one thing I DO sometimes do, i'll admit. But not always. Depends on the severity of the storm. I'm afraid to even hold a utensil near a window during lightning. Two teens were KILLED tonight in Montvale, NJ while playing soccer on a field. Two of their other friends were injured. Yesterday, a man WALKING down Madison Avenue was struck, as was an idiot, I mean, man mowing a lawn on a tractor in Queens. Both of these people remain hospitalized. People, for the love of God, respect lightning! It can KILL you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home