Thursday, July 20, 2006

My "summer house" stay is doing me well

I remain VERY oddly at ease, utterly devoid of the laundry list of usual stresses. I'm not questioning it. It's extra gratifying given how down in the dumps I was less than 2 weeks ago. It's almost 3am and I don't feel like writing much. Today was a good day, though. Some productive errands, some yard work, some riding around blaring the radio. It was the last night of Madonna's NYC shows...and for the 2nd tour in a row, I missed out. Heavy sigh. I'll survive. I was reading a study on diet ice creams before, and the results delighted me...Breyer's was FAR and away the worst-tasting one. They can't even do diet right. I have been raging against Breyer's for YEARS...more or less to bewildered looks. It's ICY...ugh. Not creamy and rich at all. Well, everyone ELSE is wrong, because Breyer's sucks. Your taste buds are clearly not refined if you consider Breyer's to be the best in store-bought ice cream. Having just said that, I discovered a mere 2 days ago Breyer's double churned ice cream...and it is FANTASTIC!! The difference in taste is staggering. It tastes like Turkey Hill...mmmm...though maybe even better. So Breyer's regular and diet...blows. Double churned...rules. Period. Back to that diet study...Edy's diet ice cream was rated the best...and I can concur!! I actually sampled it once, and it didn't taste diet-like at all. Now they didn't sample Turkey Hill, but I just tried THEIR diet ice cream last week...and did NOT like it. Though I initially did...strawberry cheesecake flavor. But with each serving, I liked it less. OK, i'm done talking about this. Breyer's still generally SUCKS...just wanted to make that clear. I'm right. The rest of you are all wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home