Monday, July 17, 2006

2am & 83 degrees...

And yet i'm still not THAT impressed. Anytime the temperature doesn't get BELOW 80 degrees at night is an impressive feat, but if you figure the temp drops a degree an hour, tonight will be on the borderline. I just stepped outside...it's sultry, but truly not THAT bad. I have a very perceptive memory for middle-of-the-night heat. It's been hotter AND more humid at this hour. In fact, I'm not 100% on this, but i'm PRETTY sure I recall an all-time "record high low" at Newark several years ago...of 86. THINK about that...that's like Vegas or Phoenix. And again the media hype...insane. It's July...it's hot...period. I recall heat waves where for 2 weeks the temp was above 90. Now they have "team coverage" for two DAYS. And it didn't even hit 100 today...boo!! It hit 98 at Newark and 95 at Central Park. Jesus, this blog is starting to resemble my old daily weather records that I kept for years like the freak child and teen that I was. Yes, that's right...like Benjamin Franklin, I'd record the daily weather. Did you note how I just compared myself to Ben Franklin? Yup, that's me saying "sure, mock me, but i'm a FUCKING GENIUS!" I still have these records. Feel free to come by the house. I can pour you a cup of tea as you seek out a specific date's weather from the late 80s. I kept this weather-recording up through the start of college, but then things like drinking and hanging out took precedence. I AM a man of records and lists. Well, it's been a damn good Monday. A damn good start to the week. Financial hurdles were crossed successfully. Things got done. Hilarious emails from The Hungarian were read. My state of mind...REMARKABLY good-spirited. I mean EXCELLENT. I attribute this to many things, especially my current "summer house" stay...which is surprising, given its non-exotic locale. But i'm not overthinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home