Wednesday, July 12, 2006

TORNADO!!!!!

A tornado struck down in Westchester County this afternoon, the town of Hawthorne specifically. VERY exciting...well, to me, a weather buff. As exciting as it is, it also scares me. We have ALL been under a tornado watch, which remains in effect till 8pm. Just being under a watch is kind of a fun novelty, so when one actually struck down...YEEHAH! The skies here got very eerie...that telltale greenish haze associated with tornadoes. I've been ready to race to safety...with my camera, of course. I have SUCH a great, sweeping view from my living room...I YEARN to see a funnel cloud from here. Now, the media has been sent into hilarious hyperbole over this. Listening to their dire and condescending reporting, stupid ass questions and commentary...hilarious and infuriating at once. Lecturing us on live power wires and the like. Example...a Ch. 2 reporter incredulously stating, "and NOW...the sun is out! Unbelievable!" Yeah, fucking really shocking...the sun coming out after a rainstorm. WOW!! And Sam Champion has been able to show us how smart he is on so many levels it's dizzying. He just LOVES when he gets extra airtime. And, of course, no other news has been reported during all of this. Nonstop tornado coverage. Oh, fuck, look...the sun's out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home