Friday, July 21, 2006

LIGHTS OUT!!

MY POWER WENT OUT!! I have much to say, yet i've never been more tired. I'm so tired that I almost didn't feel like looking both ways while driving...I almost just felt like hitting someone lol. I've had about 6.5 hours sleep TOTAL the past 2 nights. Don't ask. Damn, i'm so nice and tan now...finally! Anyway, so I come home with like 6 bags, including JUST bought ice cream...and I notice the street lights are out. Hmmm. When I start walking toward my house, I realize all the houses are dark. No...NO...NOOOOOOOOOO, i'm saying to myself. This can't be happening. But it was. And had been since like 3pm! Thank Christ I didn't get home till close to 9:30. I knew I had no power when I saw the front hall dark...and then the landlord appeared...with a flashlight, and gave me a brief rundown. Once upstairs using his flashlight, the guy directly below me came up. Awww, you see how misfortune links humanity! Wicked thunderstorms had caused a tree to fall on power lines a block away. Yet their street had power. Ugh. In fact, my house was only one of like 11 in the dark. We weren't a priority for PS&G, my downstairs neighbor told me. He'd come up to offer a candle or light...very nice. Ok, i'm literally falling asleep writing this. I enjoyed the blackout...almost sorry it's over. It was PEACEFUL. And different. I got to close these eyes of mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home