Thursday, June 08, 2006

So, there's 52 cards in a deck...plus 2 Jokers...

Ahh, the random things that capture my fancy. In my ongoing and increasingly extreme cleaning and organizing, I tended to the 2 drawers in my living room tonight...which included decks of cards...which made me wonder how many cards WERE in a deck? So I googled it, then I counted all the decks I could find in my house, lol. Because without a full deck, why keep them? I also organized them, of course. It is TRULY all or nothing with me. I am absolutely an obsessive personality...not to mention an insatiably curious one. I wonder if I ever knew the # of cards before. If I did, I'd forgotten. But now, I know again...and won't forget. The whole thing has re-sparked my interest in cards. I'd like to learn how to play poker, dammit. And other games. Yes...new things...and old things that can be new again!

So it rained all day. Miserably so. Around 60 degrees and rain. Just awful. It was a strange, dull, yet productive day. In my own little ways. And good news about the house...Dipshit talked to the landlady, and she's in NO rush to leave. She's already annoyed by the phonecalls from "nutzos" and is kinda being pushed by her daughter to move closer to the grandkids. She also intends to give glowing reviews to her 2 floors of tenants. So, yeah, I'm even LESS panicked than I was last night...which wasn't panicked at all. Having said that, today WAS all about further making my eventual move as easy as pie. I am READY. Ok, not quite TODAY ready...but ready. Well, I AM ready today...just don't have the money. Oh, you get the fucking point. Now I just wanna go to a shore house, open a beer, and play cards...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home