Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So what'cha, what'cha, what'cha want?

Caught The Beastie Boys on a Letterman repeat tonight. I just wanna say KUDOS to them! They are all around 40 and still gettin it done. As hip in music and dress and attitude as ever. PROOF one doesn't need to turn more vanilla by the week post-The Big Three-Overrated-Oh. There's increasing proof of this, but the Boys were a particularly glaring example...during a week when I needed to see one. Don't have much to say today compared to the past 2 days of being overly stimulated, but the overall thought on my mind all day long was the shocking death of Dana Reeve. I almost said sudden, too, but when you have lung cancer, I don't think that word fits quite right. But shocking it is. Only 44-years-old. Sounds insane to reference Kathie Lee Gifford, but she had the last interview with Dana -- for THE INSIDER, that most agitating of overcaffeinated celeb chaos -- a mere 7 weeks ago. Dana looked fine, sounded fine. Looked GREAT, actually. I don't want to dwell on this too long; it's too sad, and I just wrote about DEATH 3 days ago. Plus, there's not much TO say that's original. But her death, for a variety of reasons, is one of those that resonates more than most. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Such a vibrant, good person, cut down in the prime of life. I feel so bad for her son. What a horrific roll of the dice this poor kid's had. God Almighty. I'm sitting at a computer at 2am, just done my cocoa, feeling great. And although the daily annoyances of life can wear me out, I'm just so goddamn grateful to be here. And YOU should be, too. THIS is why, people of the world, I get so infuriated with the tortoise-like pacing of most around me...TIME!! It's ticking, ticking, ticking. Hear it? Listen to that clock on the wall. It's your life going by. If I don't HAVE to sit at that light for the 1,394th time in my life, I don't WANT to. Does ANYONE get this?!?! LIFE. IS. SHORT. I'd rather be doing something I like or with people I love than sitting at that light. MOVE IT!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed, I cried, I saw the truth. I saw a beam of light shoot out of the heavens and hit me in the giblets. Some may say it was lightning....Yes, I think it was lightning. That can not be how you spell lightning. It doesn't look right. Anyway, what I'm trying to say in my own special way is that I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. Very interesting and inspiring. It makes me want to be somebody, but I'll probably just stay in this basement. Keep up the good work, and god bless Don Knots! -anonymous, ok it's me Erik

8:58 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home