Saturday, February 18, 2006

Coldest night of the year

I'm in a rush...to get back to my latest housesitting gig. I've been continuing the streamlining of The Piles for the past hour or so. Another trip to ShopRite also took place...had to fetch more .99 strawberry shortcake Good Humor bars...mmmmm. In the arctic cold, I discovered a set of keys on the ground as I raced to my car...always looking on the ground for cash, of course. So I felt enormously like a good human as I went BACK inside to hand them to customer service, imagining some panicked person not being able to get into their house on the coldest night of the winter. I wanted to leave my name and # for a reward, but that would've been tacky. So I'll just pray for good karma to swing back to me.

So it's 1:07am...um, a good day. Tired, a lot of running around, but ultimately productive. The old man even greeted me with a cheery hello as I handed him the rent more than 2 weeks late. Most odd. Got a surprise visit from Donna and Freddy...always a joy. Delighted in being Uncle Gary. Continuing my absorbing of everything LA...I am a man obsessed. Random rant...I have zero interest in Kanye West, the man OR the music. Can he PLEASE go away? Overrated beyond belief. I dig this All-American Rejects song, "Move Along," though. I feel i've said that before. OK, time to bolt. Boring entry, I know. I can't ALWAYS provoke, inspire, humor, or shock. Or induce eye-rolling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home