Tuesday, August 01, 2006

AUGUST!! It's my month, you know...

Yet another AUGUST 1 has arrived, where I yet again stand stunned that the pages of the calendar have flipped so fast. Every year, it goes faster. Honestly. Was it NOT just Memorial Day? Well, the good thing is that August is one of my favorite months of the year. Maybe partly BECAUSE I always try to cram in so much "summer fun" into the final official month of summer. The best analogy, though, is the vacation one. Anyone with a brain knows that you don't REALLY get into a vacation frame of mind until the 2nd, or if you're very lucky, the 3rd week of being off. It's the same with summer. You're finally used to summer now. In August, you're finally really chilling out, enjoying the outdoors. Flip-flops have become your standard casual footwear...well, mine at least. Along with the white wife-beater. It's lazy dog days with a capital, bold-faced L. Oh, yeah, and the ocean temps are finally really warm. Then there's the actual weather. It's the hottest day of the year today...just about 100. I'll have full statistics later. You get my point...the Pattern of Summering finally becomes routine by August...and I love it. And I seriously, without even trying, have a history of classic summer events happen to me in August. I prefer saving vacations until August. I NEVER got people who regularly vacationed in, say, June. Nothing to look forward to. And i'm not the only one...Congress' recess is in August, and Europe basically shuts down in August. Those Europeans know how to live. And so, it begins...AUGUST!! I'm excited!! By the way, the current heat index in Newark is 112...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home