Monday, July 31, 2006

I put my AC in!!!!

Along with being a historic day, it's a day when I feel a bit like an incredible moron...as i've gone sans air conditioning in my bedroom since the summer of '99...when i've HAD an AC sitting on the closet floor all that time. But I've been afraid to put it in because it's so heavy...and, oh yeah, because it fell out the window in October '99 when I took it out after that one gloriously cool summer. In a nutshell, i've been panicked since then about it falling out. Ridiculous, I know. SIX AND A HALF summers of sweating...for absolutely no reason. I've tried to put it in since then a couple times...but always backed off because the thing is JUST so heavy. Not to lift...i'm a strong lad. I can carry it myself. But it's bulky to put in a window...on the third floor. And, no, I never asked anyone to help. I'm TRULY sitting here now wondering WHY THE FUCK I never did this before today. Because I DID IT today. And I did it ALONE. And my room is now delightfully icy and I can't WAIT to go to sleep in those conditions! How sad that an AC is like a novelty to me. I'm like a Katrina victim. I did a test run yesterday, using the window in the kitchen with the fire escape on it, so if it fell, it'd fall a whopping 3 inches. And surprise, surprise...I put the fucker RIGHT in, without any problem, by myself, instantly proving that my hesistance was all psychological. It was like a medical breakthrough, I was so overjoyed. This whole thing, I must say, is merely another part of my All Encompassing ACTION IN '06! personal mission statement...but you're tired of reading about THAT, right?!?! Ha! It's true, though. And so...it's been a damn good Monday...THE LAST DAY OF JULY!!!!! Waaaahhhhhhhhhh!! Ended on a high note...the total opposite of this month's miserable start...thank GOD. I went for a nice long bike ride tonight -- the length of the Hoboken waterfront and back. Also just SAT my ass on a bench along the water for 45 minutes...and did nothing. No reading. No music. No organizing. Just sat, watched the water and skyline and people go by. Most calming. And now, at 2am, I will move the car out of the bus stop so I don't get another infuriating ticket...and enjoy a leisurely Last Night of July 2am walk. Adios, July...you hot sonofabitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home