Wednesday, June 21, 2006

SUMMER 2006 begins...8:26am...and WHAT a fantastic day!

EVERY little thing about today has just been great...right down to Amy Sedaris and Bonnie Hunt BOTH being on talk shows tonight. The two of them are just pure gold. And Letterman totally spontaneously walked out of the studio to pick up trash on Broadway that everyone else was just walking over...SO something I would do. For the life of me, I don't understand the concept of littering. WHO the fuck throws a can, wrapper, BOTTLE, whatever on the street? So, it's officially SUMMER! I can only pray that this first day of it is a harbinger of the sultry weeks to come, because today fucking rocked. And it fucking rocked DESPITE my morning starting with being berated by my landlord for my late rent. He is a complete pain in my ass...end of commentary on that. My day also rocked despite HOURS of grueling and tedious work. Oh, and despite going to sleep last night with the HEAT ON!!!!! Yes, my fucking heat was fucking on and I wasn't fucking happy. How the fuck this happened is beyond me. ANYWAY...here's why, in brief, my day was AWESOME -- I'm working again tomorrow...I got booked for a focus group -- a BEER focus group...and I got a FREE ticket to see SPRINGSTEEN tomorrow at the Garden!!!!! YEEHAH! I almost feel like i'm dreaming, because 1) the only other time I saw Bruce, I won a ticket hours before the show from WPLJ and 2) I've been saying to anyone who'll listen that I MUST try to see Madonna and Bruce this summer...despite a lack of disposable income. Hungarian came through again, God bless her...winning 2 tickets from a work raffle this morning. Crazy! She surprised me during my lunch hour on Park Ave with this news. Fucking glorious. She ALSO treated me to a Starbucks treat courtesy of yet another work freebie. I got a banana creme frappe...large, thank you...soooooooo good. I also saw a woman laying in the street after being hit by, I think, a taxi. Insert awkward "LOL" here. It was hysterical how many people were on their cells giving play-by-play of the accident to friends and loved ones. She was moving on the stretcher, so that's good. QUITE a lunch break! Another bike ride to the PATH and back, also. Again, my legs get a thorough workout. I lounged on a bench again, too, after work, taking in the LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR. All downhill from here. This is the day you dream about when it's dark at 4:30pm in December. Today. TODAY is that glorious day. 1am now...I must SLOWLY prep for bed...and Bruuuuuuuuuuce!! SO many good things...in ONE day! Even the weather...perfect...sunny, low humidity, mid 80s. Grand indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home