Sunday, June 18, 2006

Meadowlands nature trails

YAY...another thing already crossed off my summer '06 to-do list! I hit the Meadowlands nature trails today...on this blistering, 95-degree day. Got my first suntan in the process...not a burn, mercifully, just a nice little "glow." I HIGHLY recommend you all get your asses to Lyndhurst, NJ and find these trails. I first went a few years ago and am still as enthralled by it as ever. Now, of course, I know the trails by now. But I now go for the peace and neverending beauty of it. Actually, they HAVE extended one trail...my favorite one...where you walk all the way out into the swamp on one narrow strip of land, where the electrical towers are. You're out there and it's just amazing...the Turnpike just off in the distance, NYC in view, too...yet all you hear is silence, water, or birds. Or planes...which fly directly overhead. There's tons of flowers and wildlife. It's just great. Did I mention the PEACE AND QUIET??!? This place is an undiscovered gem. On the one hand, I urge everyone to seek it out. On the other hand, don't fucking go there when I am! Every time I go, i'm literally one of 2 or 3 people there. Today, I urinated fully out in the open, if that gives you an idea of how deserted it is. I also was singing at the top of my lungs...why not? I often think I run the risk of being murdered by some lone psycho who traps me, but I can't let that get in the way of my solitary fun. I keep thinking I may find a body, too. So far, so good. I ripped some flowers off for my bathroom, too. Always multitasking. It was a really, really nice way to spend 2 hours on a Sunday...Father's Day...the last Sunday of spring...and the first really, really, really hot day of the year. Get all that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home