Sunday, June 25, 2006

I have a stiff neck...& look like Blair's retarded cousin, Geri Jewell

My head is tilted and I feel like a cripple. Ok, i'm being a tad dramatic for comedic effect (while at the same time mocking cripples and retards), but my neck IS stiff and I can't turn it to the left well...which made bike riding earlier a bit challenging. I rode down the Hudson River in Manhattan a bit, rolling my eyes and uttering profanities at the throngs of freaks (and, yes, normal people, too) in my way for Gay Pride Day, yearning to run my bike's front tire at full speed into dozens of them. On a related note, I've been subjected all weekend to a nonstop THUMP-THUMP-THUMP of dance music wafting its way into my living room from some pier in Chelsea or the Village. Mellifluous, it was not. Anyway, I did enjoy riding through the deserted, cobblestone streets of extreme west Chelsea. Always something to explore in NYC. Later, I hit ShopRite for yet more goodies. I REALLY have a lot to eat in my house...which isn't always the case. So, it was kind of another blah day...woke up tired and with a headache. Remained tired throughout, despite my bike jaunt. Ugh...MORE pics to put in albums...though at least the nightmare will be over tomorrow with my 6th and final roll developed. I was reading today in Men's Health a lot about RUTS. It's their big Change Your Life Summer Issue. So, nothing life altering...but a few quotes I totally related to. But it's Dipshit's mag, so I don't have access to it now. I'll steal it tomorrow at some point and single out the few quotes that spoke to me. In a nutshell...the same shit i've been saying for months...I'm bored, know it, need to have seismic change...BUT...and this was in the article...that doesn't happen overnight. It spoke of a DOMINO EFFECT of small, slowly-building, incremental changes. TOTALLY! I'll flesh this out more soon. I know everyone reading this is hanging on my every cliched, Hallmark-card, self-improving word. God, i'm thirsty. WHY didn't I buy soda or Gatorade tonight??!!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home