Friday, June 23, 2006

SPRINGSTEEN!!!!!

Last night, my incredible week continued with a trip to Madison Square Garden for Bruce's "Seeger Sessions" tour. For FREE, mind you. V For Vendetta accompanied me...she being the one who WON the tickets at work. I'd meant to write about the show last night, but I collapsed on the couch after my first blog entry and fell asleep. I kinda feel the same way about this show as I did my Western Trip blog...it's just impossible to write about, in a way, because it was so great. That, and the fact I don't have the time or patience right now to craft an award-winning write-up. We had good seats -- facing the stage, in the first of like 5 upper tiers -- but our section was a bit of a dud. The parents with their kids behind me, initially irritating, I actually came to admire, as they at least consistently STOOD UP and danced. I guess I was a tad tired at first. That, combined with the fact I didn't know most of the songs, had me a bit subdued at first. But I must say...I very quickly got into it, wildly so. I mean, the songs and Bruce definitely got more rousing, too. I LOVE when he gets all "preacher at a revival"...it's truly just exhilarating. To be there with an audience of thousands, slowing working up to a feverish, cathartic, explosive release is a one-of-a-kind experience. TESTIFY! He even threw in some "known" songs...JOHNNY 99, ATLANTIC CITY, MY CITY OF RUINS, IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND...all reworked to fit the blues, gospel, folk Seegerness of things. The man is just a marvel of energy and endurance...inspirational. He is how I want to be at 56...COMPLETELY at the top of his his game...physically, vocally, charismatically. One hell of a way to celebrate the 20-year-mark of my Epic Western Trip. BRAVO, BRUCE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home