Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Silver Anniversary

I woke up this morning and realized, with absolute astonishment, that it was 25 years ago today that I made my First Holy Communion. Awwwwww. May 9, 1981. Now surely i'm the only one who recalls the date of their communion. It was a sunny, pleasant Saturday. Both grandmothers were still alive...one to die less than 5 months later. We went to a local diner afterwards. I shared the party with my 2 cousins at a hall. I am JUST amazed that i'm old enough to so clearly recall something that happened 25 years ago. Naturally, the next thing on my mind was "OH, MY GOD...25 years from NOW i'm 58!!?!"...which I quickly pushed out of my mind. As crazy as it is that it's been 25 years...it DOES seem like a lifetime ago. So that's good, at least. Still odd, though. I think i'll fondle my rosary beads later to get a physical reminder...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7:50 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

8:11 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

2:43 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

3:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home