Thursday, May 04, 2006

TIME...a gift that is neither borrowed nor returned

That's what my Salada teabag greeted me with this morning. Sure, it's trite...but painfully true. I've always enjoyed fortune cookie-type little sayings. There's a great deal of truth in cliches. So it seems kinda perverse that my day began with that saying floating in my head...yet I've been super restless and bored the entire day. Blah, blah, yeah, I looked for jobs...yeah, I worked out. But while I was technically always doing something, a lot of it was online and I'd have been better served gettin more OFFline stuff done. I spent a good TWO hours painstakingly using Mapquest to figure out where a friend's wedding and reception in Massachusetts in June is located...and the fastest way for me to get there, completely ignoring the directions given. I wonder if Rand McNally is hiring? I vacuumed today...and used that as an excuse to justify moving Dipshit's boots in the spare room to the closet, should he ever ask where they are. Call me anal, obsessive, compulsive, a control freak...call me whatever you want...but I was growing more angry by the hour looking at WINTER boots sitting out as we sail into May. And Lord knows they'd have sat there till next winter if I didn't move them. And I certainly wasn't going to initiate an awkward conversation about how irritated I am looking at his boots. Just another example of 1) how every move he makes -- or doesn't -- irritates me and 2) how I'm sure many think i'm nuts. May 4...May 4...May 4...and the calendar flips again. Jesus Christ, my head is spinning with issues. Yet i'm calm. It's a bizarre combo. MONEY would solve a LOT of problems, I tell you. $$$$$. As Cyndi sang so ferociously, it DOES change everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home