Sunday, April 30, 2006

Complain about my street resembling fucking Wisteria Lane today...or join in the chorus to save Darfur from genocide?

How 'bout I do both? I mean, who ISN'T against genocide? Thanks, George Clooney, for again saving the world. You weren't Batman for nothing. I interrupt this entry to note that I just heard that NYC cops have deemed crystal meth an out of control epidemic in clubs. Is it harsh to suggest everyone just calm the fuck down and let all the idiot users overdose into their graves? I have ZERO sympathy for overdose deaths. NONE. And zero patience for anyone who does most drugs. Pot...that's another blog...but I don't get that, either. If I'm righteous and I know it, clap my hands!! If I'm righteous and I know it, and I really wanna show it...ok, back to my original point...genocide -- bad. Moving on, I woke up today to find my street just unbelievably, irritatingly full of bustling neighbors. EVERYONE was in front of their house...chitchatting, walking dogs, moving in, riding bikes, tending to their front garden, coming home from church. I even saw, for the first time on my street, a gate sale...which, of course, invited even MORE people. And there I was, up in my 3rd floor Mrs. Bates window, sipping tea and muttering sardonic profanities to myself as I watched the cheery neighbors mingle or enjoying the sunshine solo. I'm REALLY not the nasty fuck I sound like...but I SO stand by my eye rolling. It was just beyond annoying to view. Does anyone know how to hang out in their BACKyard? In private? Oh, that's right, one family does...the obnoxious loudmouths who routinely have barbecues in their yard diagonal to my bedroom as soon as it pushes past 60 degrees. Like today...which included a BIRTHDAY song being sung by all of them. Vomit. Yet another moment when my deep breathing exercises kicked in. These people do things like yell "MAAAAAAAA, we need a knife!"...and then Ma tosses a plastic knife from the second floor window, the fat ass yenta daughter catches it, and everyone at the party feels compelled to bellow, "HEEEEEYYYY, good catch!" Heavy sigh. Having said all that, I've noticed that my Panic Attack While Behind the Wheel Phase has passed. YAY! I actually am making a concerted effort across the board to burrow even deeper into my own head and zone out when I sense i'm about to be infuriated. Maybe it's working? But anyway...

It's the last day of April and the end of the first third of the year. I like that May starts 1) on a Monday and 2) with me working. Yes, working! I feel like the first third of this year has been SOOOOOOOOOO much (necessary to trudge through) FUCKING CLUTTER, and now the real meat & potatoes of Gary's Comeback begins with the advent of the summer months. I will desperately try to minimalize my morning rush hour fury...AND my fury at simply having to wake at 7am. Positive thoughts...positive thoughts...burrow deeper, Gary...deeper...deeper...ZEN...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home