Monday, May 01, 2006

The envelope, please...

That's what I said to myself about 2,000 times today as I stuffed envelopes for 8 hours at a marketing company in Union Square. Oh, but that was after about 2 hours of forging the owner's signature on the cover letters. Ok, let's bullshit that up a bit...today I assisted a hip downtown marketing company execute a highly important mailing campaign to lure more clients. It was a good day, though. I worked, I was out there in the world, at a very cool building in the Village, with two very pleasant people. It was 70 degrees, I roamed the Village during lunch, had a Gray's Papaya hot dog, saw Martha's 2nd place Apprentice yapping on her cell at an outdoor cafe, and after work ran smack into the Immigration protest march down Broadway. I took a photo, of course. I also finally stopped in Trader Joe's on 14th...and quickly exited. Too many idiots...moving too slowly. Lunch was particularly wonderful...just strolling, not a cloud in the sky, past brownstones & doggies in the front window of a pet store & so much more. I walked 30 blocks from the Port Authority to work...didn't phase me. Relaxing. Made it at 9 on the dot. Later, I walked home...with a gallon of milk. Yes, i'm rather tired...yet thrilled at my productivity. And I honestly think my forearms got a great workout from the envelopes. I can't believe it's May 1, though. But it is. MAY!!?! VERY aware of the clock ticking. Let the games begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home