Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MARRIAGE...The Great Conspiracy

Hey, Lance Armstrong's ex said it, not me...though I agree with her. The audience at Oprah's show gasped when she said this. How DARE she condemn our favorite institution! I actually have too much on my mind right now to waste TOO much time fleshing out my argument on this matter...BUT...I have long said (generally to myself, lol, as this isn't a topic generally cocktail party-friendly) that people marry AND have children for ALL the wrong reasons. It's allllllllll about The Day, and The Ring, and keeping up with the Joneses, and trying to fill some void in your life...without truly dwelling on the "till DEATH do you part." And no one's gonna admit "ya know, Gary, you're RIGHT...I'm NOT happy in my marriage...and I DO resent my child...and "that void" STILL isn't filled." No one's gonna admit that. So I fight a losing argument. I'm already wasting too much time on this, but in general, I think marriage is a ridiculously outdated, pie-in-the-sky institution. All about people trying to fulfill The American Dream when they're too young and/or too dumb. Oh, but they're in loooooooooove. RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Listen, some HAVE found, er, The One at 25. But not many. With each passing day, i'm only more sure of myself. And I'm NOT saying I'll never marry. And i'm NOT angry, bitter, jealous, or any other word those threatened by this opinion would throw at me. I'm smart. And I think. And i'm realistic that you're a different person at 25, 35, 45...95!!!! You should work on YOU when you're young, not THE MARRIAGE. Ok, i'm done...Christ, THERE'S mucho time out of my day on a not-even-fully crystallized argument. And ironic it comes on MY "silver anniversary"...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:53 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

8:07 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home