Monday, April 17, 2006

EVERY day can be New Year's Day!

That idea hit me tonight. Another trite saying perhaps, but whatever urges you along, I say. ANY day you wake up is an an opportunity for positive change. SO true. Today was Income Tax Day...and naturally, TODAY was when I mailed mine in. Actually better than last year, when I got an extension for the federal and mailed the state in...TODAY. Ha! I called and they said just mail in the 2004 form for my whopping $31 and change refund. Which basically proves my theory that you only need to file by today if you OWE money. And even that's debatable, lol. It was an exhausting, melancholy, good day. Woke up with a stiff neck...which made bolting across streets more difficult, not being as quick to jerk my neck to look for oncoming buses and all. It also didn't help having a stiff neck while I undertook a big mulching job. But you know what, who cares. So my neck hurts a little. I got everything done. It was removing LAST year's mulch that was the bitch...and 20mph gusts didn't help. I had dirt flying in my face and all over the sidewalk, trash bags blowing shut as I tried to pour the old shit in. WIND...a vexing issue when landscaping. Today also had dad telling me, "I love you...but you're a real asshole." Awww, shucks...thanks, daddy! Ya KNEW it'd only be a one-day break for Easter from hurling profanities at each other. Naturally, I defend my asshole-ness. You see, I had to piss like a champ after running around for like 2 hours. So once at the 'rents, I raced into the bathroom. So i'm standing there, cock in hand, JUST starting to unleash the lava flow of urine, when I hear, "Gary?" Instantly, I tense up and the urine flow slows to a trickle. Again, "Gary?" Just...ignore...him...and he'll stop, I desperately tell myself. But no. "GARY, is that you?!" Three strikes, tops, and you're out with me. "WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!," I screamed with clear irritation at the top of my lungs. Of course, he "just wanted to know who came in." That was the urgency requiring my yelling my name through the bathroom door. Let's be clear...NO reason to be grilling the occupant of the bathroom as they struggle privately with their urine or bowels. NONE. I mean, there were 4 choices as to "who came in" -- me, mom, my brother, or the late afternoon thief who thought he'd tinkle before robbing us. So in under a minute of being at my parents', I was infuriated...as was dad -- at my "attitude." Can't even PISS in fucking peace. Thankfully, that anecdote sums up only 5 minutes of my day. The rest of it was productive or relaxing. I thank you, Lord, for this day. **I say that nightly, you know. Honest. ME. I say THAT. Swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home