Thursday, April 13, 2006

Old friends

I finally called Charlie back today. He first called a week ago, then again on Sunday. Now, as i've said 300 times, I detest the phone, but I must say...it was a delight to talk to him. We only talked for like 5 minutes, but every second was wonderful. I think, pathetically, I may have just been delighted to be talking to ANYone to some degree. I haven't seen Charlie in more than 4 years, but it was like not a day had gone by, and we were working together in 2001 again. And how's this for super odd...Charlie was at Virgil's BBQ with SAVI when I called! Savi...who hasn't been down from Maine in years, and is only in town for like a day...HOW bloody bizarre he's there when I make my call. Well, I'd called just as he was being served dinner, so it was a brief chat...but we both VOWED to get together soon. I miss Charlie...and it was evident he misses me, which made me weepy. HA! Ok, so I didn't sob. I was really, really happy, though. Got off the phone and just felt great...and I'd already been in a good mood after thoroughly figuring/filling out my taxes for hours. I also reclined on the radiator next to the window for a good spell, reading a depressing, yet absorbing Sports Illustrated article...the warm sun beating down on me, the gusty breeze thoroughly refreshing. No NEED to leave the house with my practical balcony of a living room set-up. I ALMOST went up to the roof to lay out. First I'd ever lain on the radiator reading in all my time here, and the article, naturally, even had an LA/NYC focus to it. And JUST when I thought the day's satisfactions had ended...I return from a 10pm walk to Pathmark to find an email from Kevin, an old grammar school friend...who i'd written on Classmates.com months ago & got a reply...but couldn't fucking read it because i'm not "gold." Well, Kevin got the free trial gold bullshit...thus, I could read his email, got his REAL email address, and now i'm back in touch with yet another ancient friend! I love shit like this! LOVE it! Gloriously comforting to correspond or meet with a friend from waaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I love full circles. And did I mention it was in the upper 70s today? Warmest day of the year thus far. Just a VERY good day. Holy Thursday, too. Sadly, no one came by to wash my feet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home