Friday, May 26, 2006

Hello, SUMMER '06!! My Miller Lite and I welcome you!!

Here we are again...another Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. 1:40am now...thunder rumbling, a humid, on-and-off monsoon kinda night. I've been pondering M Day Weekends of years past on what's been a pretty damn good day -- for someone not packing luggage and heading to the shore. I won't bore with specifics...but I spent about 2 hours this afternoon doing FURTHER "first time in ages" cleaning of my room...YEEHAH!! Later, a lengthy walk once the humid sun came out...then about an hour's worth of landscaping shit...then pizza pie at mom and dad's, where I also mercifully remembered to print out my FREE ONE WEEK TRIAL COUPON for NYSC, which i'll redeem tomorrow. Hit ShopRite, came home, it soon monsooned. I cut roses, which I placed in both my room and the bathroom, to add to the one in the kitchen already. I'm REALLY relaxed, which is increasingly rare. I will also start re-reading THE GREAT GATSBY before bed...the PERFECT summer book to kick the season off with. Ohhhhhhh, I have BIG plans and schemes for this magical summer season!

I still have wildly conflicted feelings about the Big Getaway to the shore. I had a beach house for THREE summers. And I must say...to a healthy degree, it bored me. The trip became tedious, the scene became dull (fast), and the sharing a house with many others thing REALLY wore thin. So when I say "oh, i'm over that"...well, it's NOT because i'm getting old -- I felt the same way at 24. I WOULD like to have a house, though...but alone, lol. No idiots coming back drunk and disrupting my 3am reading. No BIGGER idiots waking me up at 8am to go for a fucking run and then cooking their cheery little breakfast for me to smell and hear. I love to have fun...and go out...but when i'm done, i'm DONE. And unlike most, I usually read or watch TV after a night of drinking...which I like to do in silence. I do NOT go straight to bed. And I like to be alone. Oh, who cares. The point is, I'd like my OWN SHORE HOUSE...not some animal house share thing. And the commuting gets most wearying. So I don't know how to solve that. Hmm, I COULD move to California. So, yeah, SUMMER is here...the sultry weather is right on cue...and I'm fucking ready to shake things the fuck up! SMACK that bitch up, I will! NOW..."In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that i've been turning over in my mind ever since...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home