Monday, August 21, 2006

Two weeks till Labor Day!!?!

I see I haven't written in 6 days...the longest since I started my blog. And yet, i've written in my "old school" diary a bit. What the fuck's been up? Oh, I don't know. Not much. Family party on Saturday was a damn good time...full of family tree printouts and stories of generations ago...as I filled up on beer after beer, chip after chip, fruit after fruit. Left the fest completely bloated...and fairly lubricated. I was rather lubricated on Friday as well...on white wine, which I ONLY have on The Special Back Porch. So two nights in a row, i'm drinking heavily in the early evening. And two nights in a row, I was sleepy rather early. And today was the 4TH day in a row that I got up ungodly early by my own free will. Completely pointless and uninteresting to most reading this, but to me, pivotal shifts in the layout of my days...thus, RIVETING!! OK, i'm being a tad facetious saying that, but only a tad. What else? Hmm. See, it's only 11:50pm and i'm sleepy already. OH! On Thursday, I went on a MASSIVE BROOKLYN BIKE RIDE...over the Manhattan Bridge for the first time, after investigating Chinatown's outer reaches, then to Park Slope for a bit. Then something rare happened...I got lost. Not badly...but briefly just couldn't figure out where I was as I tried to get from the Slope to Williamsburg. I later gathered I was on the edge of Bed-Stuy. I sped down Bedford Ave for miles. It was great! I ended the day by going back over the Williamsburg Bridge after watchin the sun set over the East River on delightfully desolate, cobblestoned blocks. Yeah, it was a great day! And now it's Monday, 2 weeks left until summer unofficially ends. Yes, I'm trying to wring the best out of this summer yet. I won't stop until I see snowflakes. Christ, I think i'll be in bed by 2am tonight...though the last few nights, i've fallen asleep on the couch. Do you care? No. My legs are stronger than ever, by the way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home