Friday, March 17, 2006

"Congratulations on your acceptance to SETON HALL UNIVERSITY."

"You will be entering a vibrant academic community here; I am sure that you too will make your contribution to our campus life." And that's how the first paragraph of five went way back when. Interesting to consider the many forks in the road of life, no? I don't regret not going there; I wanted to go away. It WOULD have been nice to have my college basketball team in the NCAA tournament, but you can't have everything. I DID give Seton Hall props, though, in a stirring on-air report on the tournament for my campus TV station...somehow, if memory serves correct, leaving out the heavy betting aspect of the hoops action. Stone Phillips, I was not...and thank GOD. Still scary, though. Well, that concludes my brief musing on college choices and my waaaaaaaay early TV career. I pray i'm the only one with the tapes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home