Friday, November 24, 2006

Thankful AND bloated

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I was and remain bloated. Bloated and tired. It has been a long few days, and tomorrow promises to be just as tiring. Yes, I'll need a holiday from the holiday again.

Thanksgiving was as Norman Rockwell as it always is...and there's actually zero sarcasm there. Can you believe it? A hellishly rainy and raw night to drive, but otherwise wonderful. Each person around the table gave a brief toast. The kids gave another amusing/impressive musical performance. Mom's chocolate cream pie again pleased the masses. More beer bottles for my collection. It was a lovely time. Yes, I am thankful.

By the way, is it pathetic that I still feel "left out" since I didn't go out drinking the night before Thanksgiving? Am I past the age where that night should hold meaning for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home