Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wing Wagon -- Flatbush Ave, Park Slope, Brooklyn

Some of the BEST wings i've had in AGES!! Exactly what I needed today after a lot of walking around Manhattan and Brooklyn. By the way, what I said about being tired of NYC a little bit back? Well, it still stands...but...a BIG "but"...I just had the BEST time today and tonight riding the subway. Ha, I don't mean that's all I did for hours. I just mean that riding the Q train from 57th in Manhattan to 7th Ave in Park Slope and back again to 14th St was just exhilarating. Honestly. I loved it. I loved watching the people around me. Listening to the people around me. Seeing how everyone was dressed on a Saturday night. I loved the train coming out of the tunnel as it entered the Manhattan Bridge, first around 5:30pm and later at about 10:30, when all of lower Manhattan was lit up to admire. I enjoyed walking through the streets in the brisk autumn air. I even enjoyed the subway platform musicians at top decibal. And how about this? Just caught the end of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, where Travolta rides the delightfully graffiti-covered subway all night, and they show a 1977 NYC sunrise with the Twin Towers. Just perfect. That movie always makes me nostalgic, but joy narrowly wins over melancholy tonight. I do so love subways, and I will always...to some healthy degree...love New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home