Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Madonna's heartfelt Hall of Fame speech

I don't have much more to add beyond the fact that it was a VERY genuine, generally eloquent speech. Don't know if she should've included a reference to Stepin Fetchit, but maybe i'm being overly sensitive. And for the first time that I can EVER recall in 25 years, she admitted to drug use. A hit of ecstacy, mind you, not shooting up heroin. Eh, what can I do? I didn't REALLY think she'd NEVER done a drug, but I guess I liked to pretend. My vast admiration remains. It was a genuine, relatively humble, moving Madonna...not seen that often. And I enjoyed Iggy Pop's renditions of BURNING UP and RAY OF LIGHT. Here's to the NEXT 25 years! Oh, GOD, I'll be...no, no, I can't go there! That IS another point, though...ONCE again, a Pivotal Madonna Moment coincides with a Pivotal Gary Moment. I AIN'T makin this shit up, folks! It's WEIRD. And I DO mean my birthday tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home