Wednesday, January 19, 2011

May I recommend MODERNHIKER.COM?

Well, I just did; deal with it. It's always fascinating to me how both the mind and random internet clicks work. I don't even remember how, but earlier today I found myself staring at Mount Baldy's snow-capped peak soaring in the distance behind Los Angeles, which led to me wrongly googling Mt. Wilson, which led to this modernhiker.com site. You see, I'd seen this general view of LA in a newspaper a few years back and was flabbergasted. I was so taken by it that I cut out the picture and hung it up on a bulletin board in my bedroom, where it remains today. I've only been to LA once -- a long, LONG time ago -- and don't recall such a breathtaking view. And even in the endless TV shows and movies set in LA, you NEVER see the City of Angels from this Denver-esque vantage point. WHY is that? Perhaps the smog ruins it too many days of the year? Who the hell knows, but it makes me more determined than ever to get to Southern California ASAP to wander -- to HIKE -- and take endless photographs. I was surely a Hermosa Beach surf dude in another life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home